One of the oldest and most prestigious universities in India is the University of Mumbai, also referred to as Mumbai University. It has received recognition from the UGC and a “A++” accreditation from the NAAC. According to the NIRF Ranking 2022, Mumbai University is the 45th best university in India. Ratnagiri, Thale, and Kalyan are the three sub-campuses of MU in addition to the two main campuses, Vidyanagri and Fort. The university comprises more than 781 affiliated colleges, 12 specialized centers, and 56 departments.
Type of university | Establishment year
State University | 1857
2 (Vidyanagri and Fort)
NAAC (A++ Grade)
– 45 NIRF 2022 (University)
– 1001 – 1200 QS World University Rankings 2023
– 301 – 350 QS Asia Rankings 2023
Types of scholarships offered
Merit and means scholarships
|Diploma||₹44,898 (1st Year Fees)||10+2 Pass|
|MA||₹34,405 (1st Year Fees)||Graduation|
|PG Diploma||₹8,000 (Total Fees)||Graduation|
|Certification||₹5,000 (Total Fees)||10th Pass|
|M.Phil||₹16,415 (Total Fees)||Post Graduation|
|M.Sc||₹11,325 (1st Year Fees)||Graduation|
|Ph.D||₹21,720 (1st Year Fees)||Post Graduation|
*Mumbai University Overall ranking by NIRF is 56 out of 200 colleges in India in 2023 and it was 81 out of 200 colleges in India in 2022.
*Mumbai University Overall ranking by Outlook is 74 out of 100 colleges in India in 2019.
*Mumbai University Law ranking by IIRF is 25 out of 39 colleges in India in 2023 and it was 26 out of 36 colleges in India in 2022.
*Mumbai University Overall ranking by Times Higher Education is 1201 out of 1799 colleges in International in 2023 and it was 1001 out of 1201 colleges in India in 2022. Mumbai University Science ranking by Times Higher Education is 801 out of 801 colleges in International in 2020.
*Mumbai University Overall ranking by QS World University is 1001 out of 1400 colleges in International in 2023 and it was 1001 out of 5500 colleges in International in 2021.
Students seeking admission in the various programmes of the University of Mumbai can follow the below mentioned steps for admission of the academic year 2022-23.
1. The candidates are required to visit the official website of the Mumbai University and click on the ‘Admission 2022’ tab.
2. In order to receive a 16-digit enrollment or PRN number for new admission to Mumbai University, candidates must finish their Pre-Admission online registration 2022–2023.
3. Now login at the application portal using the registration username and password to fill the online application form.
4. There is no need to download the application form and a candidate can start filling his/her application form soon after their successful registration.
5. Now fill the online application form with all the necessary details such as valid/ working email ID, phone number, other personal details, educational qualifications, merits/marks, family details, caste category etc., accurately and correctly.
6. Upload the necessary files in the online application form according to the exact instructions.
7. Pay the minimal required application fee of INR 1000 (INR 500 for reserved category) through digital payment platforms such as netbanking, credit card/debit card.
8. Lastly, for future reference, candidates need to print out their completed application form.
25 Oct ’23 – 26 Nov ’23
|CAT 2023 admit card download|
26 Nov ’23
|CAT 2023 exam|
13 Oct ’23 – 28 Nov ’23
|MAT 2023 Registration Process CBT 1Ongoing|
1. Class 10th and 12th Marksheets and Passing Certificate
2. Graduation degree and Degree Certificate
3. Scorecard of entrance exam taken by the candidate
4. Category Certificate (if applicable)
5. Govt. ID proof
6. Passport sized photographs
|Total Number of Students Graduating||388||2946||63|
|Total Number of Students Placed||321||2506||49|
|Total Number of Students Opted Out||39||135||8|
|Highest Median CTC||INR 4.45 LPA||INR 15 LPA||INR 7.50 LPA|