National Insurance Academy (NIA) is a private business school in Pune that was founded in 1980. The AICTE has authorized NIA Pune. It provides PhD and PGDM programs in a number of fields, including IT, general management, and insurance. Furthermore, this institution provides a range of online certificate programs and short-term training sessions. NIA offers its PGDM students two areas of specialization: management and insurance.
The Institute of Actuaries of India, Savitribai Phule Pune University, the Federation of Afro- Asian Insurer and Reinsurer (FAIR), the Institute for Global Insurance Education (IGIE), Indian Insurance Companies, and regulatory organizations such as the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) are all closely associated with the National Insurance Academy (NIA).
Number of courses offered
Number of scholarships offered
9 (Merit-based, Need based)
Rs 1 lakh
Accenture, Cognizant, Infosys, Policy Bazar, SBI General, among others.
Highest salary offered (2021-23)
INR 18 LPA
Average salary offered (2021-23)
|INR 12.50 LPA|
|Courses||Total tuition Fees||Eligibility|
Graduation : 50 %
Exams : CATCMAT
PG Diploma(2 courses)
9.4 K – 17.7 K
|– / –|
4.7 K – 2.4 L
Graduation : 50 %
*NIA Pune MBA ranking by NIRF is 101 out of 125 colleges in India in 2023 and it was 102 out of 125 colleges in India in 2022.
1. Visit the official website of NIA, Pune.
2. Candidates have to register using a Username and valid Email Id.
3. Login with the Username and Password.
4. Fill the application form correctly.
5. Upload a recent passport-sized photograph.
6. Pay an application fee of INR. 1000/- online via credit/debit card or net banking.
7. Shortlisted candidates will be called for GD and PI.
8. Once selected, they have to submit the fee to confirm the admission.
1-Nine scholarships, each worth one lakh, are awarded by NIA to deserving students, including females and those from economically disadvantaged backgrounds.
2. The General Insurance Corporation of India provides five scholarships to deserving students, each covering 50% of the cost of the course.
3. The scholarships are meant for the meritorious students belonging to the lower income category.
1. Class 10th and 12th Marksheets and Passing Certificate
2. Graduation degree and Degree Certificate
3. Scorecard of entrance exam taken by the candidate
4. Category Certificate (if applicable)
5. Govt. ID proof
6. Passport sized photographs
|PGDM Application Starts||November 01, 2024|
|CAT 2023 Registration||August 02, 2023 – September 20, 2023|
|CAT 2023 Admit Card Release||October 25, 2023|
|CAT 2023 Exam||26 November 2023|
|Particulars||Placements statistics (2021-23)||Placements statistics (2020-22)|
|No. of International Offers||–||8|
|No. of PPOs||40||27|
|Highest CTC||INR 18 LPA||INR 29.5 LPA|
|Average CTC of Top 10%||INR 18 LPA||–|
|Average CTC of Top 50%||INR 14.94 LPA||–|
|Average CTC of Top 75%||INR 13.86 LPA||–|
|Average CTC||INR 12.5 LPA||INR 10.3 LPA|
|Median CTC||INR 13 LPA||–|
|Increase in average package||21.31%||–|
|Top recruiters||Tata AIG General Insurance, Bajaj Allianz General Insurance, Mahindra Insurance Brokers Ltd., Policybazaar Insurance Brokers Pvt. Ltd., etc.||Larsen & Toubro Infotech Ltd., ICICI Lombard General Insurance Co. Ltd, Tata AIG General Insurance, etc.|
Address– 25, Baner – Balewadi Rd, Ram Nagar, Balewadi, Pune, Maharashtra 411045