NIT Surathkal, also known as NITK Surathkal offers a UG programme in the fields of Engineering and Technology. Established in the year 1960, NITK offers PG and doctoral-level programmes in the fields of Engineering, Management, and Science. The institute has 13 departments, 1 School, and 12 supporting Centres. NIT Surathkal ranks 12 and 38 under the ‘Engineering‘ and ‘Overall‘ categories by the NIRF 2023 Rankings. NITK has also signed MoUs with NIT Andhra Pradesh, NIT Warangal, NIT Calicut, NIT Puducherry, GEC Thrissur, and GCT Coimbatore to facilitate research projects and works.
NIRF Rankings 2023
– 12 under Engineering
– 38 under Overall
Number of courses
Types of scholarships offered
Top recruiting companies
Microsoft, Uber, Amazon
NIT Warangal, NIT Andhra Pradesh, NIT Calicut
|B.Tech||₹1.57 Lakhs (1st Year Fees)||10+2 with 45% + JEE Main|
|MCA||₹1.11 Lakhs (1st Year Fees)||Graduation + 60% +NIMCET|
|M.Tech||₹1.11 Lakhs (1st Year Fees)||Graduation with 60% + GATE|
|MBA||₹2.41 Lakhs (1st Year Fees)||Graduation with 50% + CAT|
|M.Sc||₹56,014 (1st Year Fees)||Graduation + 60% + IIT JAM|
|Ph.D||₹82,948 (1st Year Fees)||Post Graduation with 60%|
*NIT Surathkal B.Tech ranking by India Today is 16 out of 254 colleges in India in 2020.
*NIT Surathkal Overall ranking by The Week is 11 out of 34 colleges in India in 2021. NIT Surathkal B.Tech ranking by The Week is 13 out of 131 colleges in India in 2023 and it was 12 out of 216 colleges in India in 2022.
*NIT Surathkal Overall ranking by NIRF is 38 out of 200 colleges in India in 2023 and it was 27 out of 200 colleges in India in 2022. NIT Surathkal B.Tech ranking by NIRF is 12 out of 200 colleges in India in 2023 and it was 10 out of 300 colleges in India in 2022.
*NIT Surathkal B.Tech ranking by Outlook is 8 out of 25 colleges in India in 2023 and it was 8 out of 25 colleges in India in 2022.
*NIT Surathkal B.Tech ranking by IIRF is 31 out of 170 colleges in India in 2023 and it was 84 out of 192 colleges in India in 2022.
*NIT Surathkal B.Tech ranking by The Times Of India is 4 out of 162 colleges in India in 2020 and it was 5 out of 147 colleges in India in 2019.
*NIT Surathkal Overall ranking by National Institutional Ranking Framework Innovation is 151 out of 312 colleges in India in 2023.
*NIT Surathkal Overall ranking by QS World University is 63 out of 100 colleges in India in 2020.
*NIT Surathkal Overall ranking by US News is 1694 out of 2000 colleges in International in 2022.
*NIT Surathkal B.Tech ranking by Collegedunia.com is 12 out of 394 colleges in India in 2023.
1. Eligible candidates seeking admission to the B. Tech. programs offered by NITK need to register online on JEE Mains website.
2. After declaration of JEE Main result, candidates have to appear for JoSAA Counselling.
3. During the counselling, applicants have to choose the desired course and institute and fill in the other requisite details.
3. The candidate is allowed to choose preferences before locking the choices, which marks the completion of the registration process.
4. Allotment status is displayed shortly after on the official website.
5. Candidates, if satisfied with the allotment have to report at the allotted NIT (NITK Surathkal) along with their documents.
6. At the institute, students have to undergo docuemnt verification.
7. Upon successful verification, they have to pay the fee towards seat confirmation.
1. Class 10th and 12th Marksheets and Passing Certificate
2. Graduation degree and Degree Certificate
3. Scorecard of entrance exam taken by the candidate
4. Category Certificate (if applicable)
1. NIT Surathkal offers Merit Cum Means Scholarship to its top 50 meritorious students every year on the basis of merits scored by the students in the JEE Main exam.
2. The MCM Scholarship is only offered to the students whose annual family income is less than INR 4,50,000 and should have scored a minimum of 70% marks or above in their 10+2 examination.
3. Students are awarded a sum of INR 2000 per month as a Scholarship award.
|Particulars||Placements Statistics (2022)|
|No. of Companies visited||450|
|Total No. of Eligible Students||1626|
|No. of Students placed||1350|
|Highest CTC||INR 45 LPA|
|Average CTC||INR 13.12 LPA|
|Top Recruiters||Microsoft, DE Shaw, Uber|