Established in 2015 under the Human Resource Development Ministry and Government of India, the Indian Institute of Management Visakhapatnam is the newly built IIM and is currently being mentored by IIM, Bangalore. IIM Visakhapatnam offers postgraduate and doctoral programmes such as PGP, PGPEx, PGPDGM, EMBA, PhD and MGNF. PGP is the flagship course offered by the institute. IIM Vizag also offers (first-ever in the country) a specialised MBA programme in Digital Governance & Management in blended learning mode under the sponsorship of the Ministry of Electronics & IT (MeitY), Government of India. The institute also offers scholarships to meritorious students. Below mentioned are the important highlights regarding IIM Visakhapatnam:
|MBA||₹9.25 Lakhs (1st Year Fees)||Graduation with 50%|
|PG Program||₹16.5 Lakhs (Total Fees)||Graduation with 55%+ CAT|
|Certification||₹6 Lakhs (1st Year Fees)||Graduation|
|EMBA||₹5.4 Lakhs (1st Year Fees)||Graduation with 50%|
|Ranking Agency||Year||Rank and Category|
|National Institutional Ranking Framework|
|2023||29th in Management|
|Indian Institutional Ranking Framework|
|29th in Management (Govt.)|
30th in Management (Govt.)
|Outlook I Care||2021||28th in Management|
To apply to the MBA program at IIM Visakhapatnam the candidates will have to go through the following steps:
1. The candidates will have to register themselves for CAT through www.iimcat.ac.in and fill out the online application form.
2. The candidates will have to provide all the personal, academic, and professional details and will also have to upload the required documents.
3. In the same form, the candidate can apply for the IIM colleges and they can add IIM Visakhapatnam PGP as one of their preference.
4. They will have to select a test center where they would prefer to give the CAT exam.
5. Finally they can submit the application form and pay the application fees.
|Application Window||January – May 2024|
|IIMVTest||May 29, 2024 (Offline/Online Proctor-based test)|
|Personal Interviews||June 04 – 05, 2024 (Offline interview at Campus)|
|Offers & Waitlist||June 08, 2024|
|Last Date of Offer Acceptance||June 23, 2024|
|Registration & Orientation||June 24 – 25, 2024|
|Classes Start||June 26, 2024|
1. Class 10th and 12th Marksheets and Passing Certificate
2. Graduation degree and Degree Certificate
3. Scorecard of entrance exam taken by the candidate
4. Category Certificate (if applicable)
All PGP students with annual household income below INR 6,00,000 are eligible to apply for financial aid. Other students with severe financial difficulties arising from sudden unforeseen circumstances are also considered
– Ministry of Tribal Affairs Scholarship (ST):
The Ministry of Tribal affairs, Government of India invites applications for the National Scholarship for Higher Education for Scheduled Tribe students of PGP first year. This is a means scholarship that covers tuition expenses in full.
– Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment Scholarship (SC)
The Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment Government of India invites applications for the National Scholarship for Higher Education for Scheduled Caste students from Meritorious SC students PGP first year. This is a means scholarship that covers tuition expenses in full.
|Particulars||Placements Statistics 2023||Placements Statistics 2022|
|Number of Recruiters||141||86+|
|Number of New Recruiters||95||49|
|Highest Salary||INR 32.65 LPA||INR 31.60 LPA|
|Average Salary||INR 16.61 LPA||INR 15.06 LPA|
|Average Salary for Working Professionals||INR 18.32 LPA|
|Top 10% Average Salary||INR 29.03 LPA||INR 20.67 LPA|
|Top 25% Average Salary||INR 23.63 LPA||INR 19.39 LPA|
|Top 50% Average Salary||INR 20.24 LPA||INR 17.82 LPA|
|Median Salary||INR 16 LPA||INR 15.46 LPA|
|Top Sector||IT & Consulting (33%)||IT/ITES, BFSI|
|Top Recruiters||Amazon, Asian Paints, Deloitte, Adani Group, Cognizant etc||Amazon, BYJU’s, Deloitte, HCL, HDFC Bank etc|