Institute of Management Studies under BHU is the Management department of Banaras Hindu University. Understanding the need for increasing demand of Management education, the University, in 1984, transformed the Department of Management Studies to an independent Faculty of Management Studies. This institute offers various PG and certificate programmes such as MBA, MBA IB, MBA AB and PGDBA. IMS BHU admission is entrance-based.
Establishment year | Ownership type
1984 | Public Institute
|47 by NIRF for Management|
|MBA||₹50,007 (1st Year Fees)||Graduation with 50% + CAT|
|Diploma||₹15,000 (Total Fees)||Graduation|
|PG||₹85,000 (Total Fees)||Graduation|
|Certification||₹7,500 (Total Fees)||Graduation|
|Ph.D||₹3,096 (1st Year Fees)||Post Graduation|
|PG Diploma||₹70,000 (Total Fees)||Graduation|
*Institute of Management Studies, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi MBA ranking by India Today is 54 out of 272 colleges in India in 2023.
*Institute of Management Studies, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi MBA ranking by NIRF is 39 out of 75 colleges in India in 2019.
*Institute of Management Studies, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi MBA ranking by IIRF is 24 out of 44 colleges in India in 2023 and it was 26 out of 42 colleges in India in 2022.
*Institute of Management Studies, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi MBA ranking by The Times Of India is 102 out of 150 colleges in India in 2022 and it was 49 out of 50 colleges in India in 2019.
1. Go to the official website of IMS BHU.
2. Click on the link to the Application Form available under the Latest News section on the home page.
3. Now register yourself by providing essential details.
4. After successful registration, sign in with the registered email id and password.
5. Now proceed to fill the application form.
6. Also upload scanned images of photograph and signature in the form.
7. Once the form is filled, click on the “Submit” button.
8. Lastly, make payment online.
2 Aug ’23 – 20 Sep ’23
|CAT 2023 registration|
25 Oct ’23 – 26 Nov ’23
|CAT 2023 admit card download|
26 Nov ’23
|CAT 2023 exam|
Jan ’24-Feb ’24
|CUET PG 2024 Application ProcessTentative|
|CUET PG 2024 Advance City Intimation SlipTentative|
1. Class 10th and 12th Marksheets and Passing Certificate
2. Graduation degree and Degree Certificate
3. Scorecard of entrance exam taken by the candidate
4. Category Certificate (if applicable)
Students can also apply for various types of scholarship like UP scholarship or National scholarship and students can also do campus job if they fit for that job.
Placement Statistics (2022)
|Highest package||INR 18 LPA|
|Average package||INR 9.7 LPA|
|Popular recruiters||Infosys, Deloitte, KPMG|