Jiwaji University is a public university located in Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh. It is recognised by the UGC and AICTE. Jiwaji University has been accredited with an ‘A’ grade by the NAAC. It has been ranked 86-90 among all the Indian universities by QS World Ranking. Jiwaji University started with 29 affiliated colleges and now has more than 400 colleges affiliated with it. Check Jiwaji University Affiliated Colleges
Jiwaji University offers various courses at the UG, PG, and Research levels. The courses are offered in various fields including Arts, Science, Education, Management, Engineering, Law, etc. Jiwaji University admission to all the courses is either based on merit or an entrance test conducted by the university. Admission to the Jiwaji University popular courses such as B.E and M.Tech is based on the JEE Main and GATE scores followed by Counselling.
Jiwaji University Gwalior Highlights 2023
Establishment year | Ownership type
1964 | Public/Government University
225 + acre
A++ Grade by NAAC
– 174 in the Asian University Rankings – Southern Asia category by QS World Ranking
– 651-700 in the Asian University category by QS World Ranking
|Ph.D||₹33,820 (Total Fees)||Post Graduation|
|MBA||₹30,320 (1st Year Fees)||Graduation|
|B.P.Ed||₹32,220 (1st Year Fees)||10+2 or Graduation|
|BBA||₹28,270 (1st Year Fees)||10+2|
|MA||₹7,820 (1st Year Fees)||Graduation|
|BA + L.L.B||₹34,320 (1st Year Fees)||10+2|
|B.Lib.I.Sc||₹13,320 (Total Fees)||10+2|
*Jiwaji university Overall ranking by QS World University is 88 out of 100 colleges in India in 2020 and it was 58 out of 72 colleges in India in 2019.
1. The applications can be submitted online with relevant details and documents.
2. Those who cannot apply online can go to any MP Online Kiosk and request for filling the application.
3. The kiosk attendant will give a printout of the application form filled and the fee receipt.
4. The applicant has to post the form and receipt to the university Registrar.
|Last date to apply for Distance UG and PG Admission 2023||October 20, 2023|
|Last date to apply for Distance Certificate Admission 2023||October 20, 2023|
|JEE Main 2024 Exam Session 1||January 24, 2024 – February 1, 2024|
|JEE Main 2024 Exam Session 2||April 1, 2024 – April 15, 2024|
1. Class 10th and 12th Marksheets and Passing Certificate
2. Graduation degree and Degree Certificate
3. Scorecard of entrance exam taken by the candidate
4. Category Certificate (if applicable)
5. Govt. ID proof
6. Passport sized photographs
The university offers scholarships for the meritorious students and for ones belonging to reservation categories. The various scholarships are:
Jiwaji University has a Career Counseling Cell to provide students job opportunities in their respective fields. Once the placement drive will be done for 2022, the recruitment data will be on the official website. As per the previous year’s data, several prominent organizations came to recruit Jiwaji University’s eligible students. . The Career Counseling Cell arranges seminars, workshops, conferences, experts talk, mock interviews, etc, for the development of the students.
The percentages of students placed in every sector are as follows:
|Arts and Design||3%|
|Program and Project Management||3%|
Some of the top recruiting companies’ names are represented below:
|Reliance||Johnson & Johnson||Cipla Limited|
|Axis Bank||Wipro||JP Morgan|