National Post Graduate College was established in the year 1974 by the then Chief-minister of Uttar Pradesh, Late Chandra Bhanu Gupta. The College offers undergraduate and postgraduate courses in Arts and Commerce streams and under-graduate courses in Science and Computer streams. National Post Graduate College (NPGC) also offers undergraduate and postgraduate programs for skill development under Deen Dayal Upadhyay Kaushal Kendra established with a special grant from UGC. Six programs are being offered under Deen Dayal Upadhyay Kaushal Kendra – two 1 year programs under Community College and two degree and two post-graduate programs of ICT, ITES, and Banking, Insurance and Financial Services. Admission to NPGC is both merit and entrance based. The application mode is offline and online.
|Established | Type||1974 | Public (Autonomous)|
|Approved by||All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)|
|Recognized by||University Grants Commission (UGC)|
|Courses Offered||17 courses across 6 streams|
|Popular Courses||B.Sc., B. Com|
|Application Mode||Online and Offline|
|Admission Criteria||Merit-based and Entrance exam|
|Top Recruiters||Wipro, Apex Auto, Convergys, Genpact, HCL, IGATE, LEAP, South Indian Bank, TCS|
|Facilities Available||Library, Cafeteria, Hostel, Sports Complex, Hospital, Labs|
|Courses||Total tuition Fees||Eligibility|
|– / –|
|– / –|
|– / –|
|– / –|
|– / –|
|– / –|
*National Post Graduate College, Lucknow Arts ranking by The Week is 45 out of 50 colleges in India in 2020 and it was 38 out of 50 colleges in India in 2019.
College prospectus and application forms may be obtained from the college counter on all working days (from 10:00 AM to 1:30 PM) from March 2019 onwards.
Filled application forms along with the required documents can be submitted at the address mentioned below.
National Post Graduate College
2, Rana Pratap Marg
Lucknow – 226001
Uttar Pradesh (India)
Self-attested copies of the following documents must be attached along with the filled application form.
1. Passing Certificate and mark sheet of 10th and 12th exams.
2. Mark sheet of last examination passed
3. In case the candidate passed his/her qualifying examination in the year 2017 or earlier, documentary proof must be furnished to the effect that:
i) The candidate had not taken admission in any other College or University in 2017-18
ii) Notarized declaration certifying that the candidate was not involved or under suspicion/trial under any provision(s) of the IPC.
4. Character Certificate from the Head of the Institution from where the candidate passed his/her last examination as a regular candidate (original certificate shall have to be submitted at the time of counseling)
5. Applicants who passed their last examination as private candidate should submit Character Certificate from the Superintendent of Police / District Magistrate / Gazetted Officer. The certificate should not have been issued before 28th February 2018.
6. Candidates seeking admission on reserved seats must attach attested copy of Caste Certificate/CMO Certificate. Original Certificate must be produced at the time of counseling, failing which the candidate shall not be entitled to any reservation benefits.
B.A. Entrance test date for B.A and BSc(methamatics group)
B.Sc. Entrance test date for B.A and BSc(methamatics group)
B.Com Entrance test date of B.Com and B.Sc B.Com and B.Sc(Biology group)
B.Com Entrance test
B.Sc. Entrance test date of B.Com and B.Sc B.Com and B.Sc(Biology group)
B.Voc Entrance test
BCA Entrance test
BBA Entrance test
28 Mar ’23 –
5 Jul ’23
UGPET 2023 Registration
Scholarships offered by National Post Graduate College, [NPGC] Lucknow are:
National Post Graduate College offers its students a dedicated team which handles all the placement services organized by the college. It organizes pre-placement activities like mock interviews, expert talks, seminars to boost the confidence of students. In the previous academic year, 170 students got a placement with an average package of INR 2.50 LPA and highest package of INR 10 LPA. The top recruiters of the college are Wipro, Apex Auto, Convergys, Genpact, HCL, IGATE, LEAP, South Indian Bank, TCS.